1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only absolute truth. The Bible is the only authoritative rule of faith, worship, and Christian obedience. (1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-21).
2. We believe that God is one God in three persons -God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, all fully God, equal in power and glory. (Mat. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 8:6; Gal. 4:6; 1 John 5:7).
3. We believe that all men are sinners both by their nature and by their acts, deserving God’s wrath and condemnation. All men are wholly unable to save themselves by good works and are unable to change themselves without God’s work. (Jer. 13:23; 17:9-10; Rom. 3:10-19, 23; 1 Cor. 2:14).
4. We believe that God saves men from beginning to end by His Sovereign Grace, none deserving His mercy more than any other. Even faith and repentance are gifts that God must bring through His Spirit in regeneration before we can confess our sins and believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. (John 1:12-13; Rom. 9:14-23; Eph. 2:1-10).
5. We believe that Jesus Christ died to save His people from their sins and He will not lose any of those for whom He has shed His blood. (Isa. 53:4-12; Mat. 1:21; John 10:11-15).
6. We believe that God has chosen, before the foundation of the world, a people for Himself, not because of any good which He foresaw in them, but of His own free grace and love. (Acts 13:48; Eph. 1:4-14; 2 Thess. 2:13).
7. We believe that God elects and saves men from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation. We are commanded to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and invite all to come to Him for salvation, trusting that God will accomplish His own will. His Word will not return to Him void. (Isa. 55:11; 2 Cor. 2:12-17; Rev. 5:9-10).
8. We believe that God calls each one He saves, sending His Spirit in regeneration to draw them unto Himself and give them the gifts of faith and repentance. (Jer. 31:3; John 6:44; 2 Cor. 4:6; 2 Thess. 2:14).
9. We believe that God will preserve to the end all whom He has elected, called and saved. Also, all whom God preserves will persevere in Christ to the end, bearing the fruits of repentance and faith with a godly life. (John 6:37-40; 10:27-29; Rom. 8:28-30; 1 Pet. 1:5).
10. We believe man’s chief purpose is to glorify God and enjoy a relationship with Him forever. We see worshipping God and the pursuit of holiness as priorities in fulfilling this purpose. (Jer. 9:24; 1 Cor. 1:26-31; 10:31; Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 1:13-21).
The above is a summary of some of the important tenets found in the confession of faith to which we subscribe, the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith.